May 1, 1942: Internees transferred to Cebu Provincial Jail
May 16, 1942: Internees moved to Cebu Junior College while 23 British sent to a “schoolhouse next door.”
In October, 1942, all internees moved to “Club Fukuoubi.”
On December 14, 1942, the 148 internees were boarded aboard a freighter. Five days later, they arrive in Manila and were interned at Santo Tomás Internment Camp.
For more information:
- Cebu Internment Camp, pages 305-309 of Santo Tomás Internment Camp, 1946, Frederic H. Stevens
- The Story of the Internees from Cebu, published in The Japanese Occupation of the Philippines, Vol. 1, pages 313-322, by A.V.H. Hartendorp
- Captured: The Japanese Internment of American Civilians in the Philippines, 1941-1945, 2000, Frances B. Cogan
- Only by the Grace of God, 2017, Pamela, Robert and John Brink
- American Family Interned, 1979, by Imogene Carlson.